Since 1994, we have been conducting environmental and social studies worldwide for infrastructure projects financed by International Financial Institutions (IFI) such as AfDB, ADB, KfW and EBRD. Service providers such as the development organization GIZ and private investors are also among our clients.
Our Company’s portfolio includes power generation projects, such as the realization of renewable energies, electricity transmission and distribution projects, especially in rural regions, as well as projects for drinking water production and wastewater treatment. In addition, we provide authorities, energy providers and other clients with our know-how in the field of “health, safety and environment” within the framework of trainings and thus support the establishment of institutional management systems.
We identify and assess the environmental and socio-economic risks throughout the project cycle, from planning and design, through construction and operation to maintenance. To this end, we have developed methods not only to mitigate potential risks, but also to identify opportunities for environmental and socio-economic improvements. Regular on-site construction supervision to ensure compliance with national and international regulations with regard to health, safety and environment is also part of our services.
Our project activities span the globe, from countries in the Far East, Central Asia and the Middle East to countries in Africa, Central and South America.
Our range of services in this area includes:
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA)
- Developing Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMP)
- Developing Resettlement Action Plans (RAP)
- Preparing Due Diligence Reports
- Conducting Health, Safety and Environmental Studies (HSE)
- Performing Environmental and Social Training Seminars
- Monitoring the implementation of environmental and social management plans and of health and safety management plans on construction sites (construction supervision)
Your contact persons for International Activities:
- Dr. Detlev Paulsch
- Managing Director
- Marina Müller-Meißner
- Project Manager